It's the library again

|
Now tell me, is that a good place to write, ponder about twisted thoughts, abstract concepts and crooked sentences and then stare out of the window for a daydreaming eternity write some more? Actually, there's even a preschool to look down upon if I crane my neck. Oh darn it, they are starting a bbq right now. Note to myself: no more neck-craning. No good.

So I'm sitting here, trying (and most of the time, successfully at that!) to write the framework for my dissertation and every so often the clouds would reveal just a little bit of blue sky. That is mighty nice, one might think. At least if you're uninitiated in regards to our library's sun protection technology. Anyways, it's very likely that there is some kind of photoreceptive sensor somewhere on the roof of this building. And ever since I've been visiting the library, it's not been too beneficial. To say the least. What it is supposed to do is keep light out as soon as the sun is too intense and threatens to warm up the whole building. That would save energy otherwise spent on the AC and several cases of dehydration and heat exhaustion per day (my estimate). However, in reality the threshold of this contraption seems to be defunct. It triggers closing of sun blinds when virtually nothing is happening, but come a hot summer day sans clouds and with a perfectly blue sky? You betcha that the blinds stay open and everyone starts suffering as soon as the first sun rays seep into the glass fronts or roofs of the building. Ah, the bliss... but in fact, it's even better motivation to hurry up with thesis writing... instead of blogging. ;-)


So, off I go... don't look for me, 'cause I've chosen my hermitage:



Hanna

0 Kommentare: